Belleville Psychotherapy Clinic
Psychotherapy and its relationship to Medicine
- Many individuals struggle with depression, anxiety, insomnia, trauma, or pain and visit their family doctors who address these concerns with medication.
- Psychotherapy is sometimes helpful in addition to, or instead of, certain medications.
- We often receive referrals from physicians who suggest working with their patients in regards to these areas and like to work collaboratively as part of a holistic treatment team.
- Our clinicians have specialized training in cognitive behavioural therapy(CBT), a therapy which has proven to be of similar efficacy in clinical trials as an SSRI antidepressant to alleviate depressive symptoms, anxious symptoms, insomnia, and in pain management.
- In contrast to medication alone, CBT for insomnia (CBT-i) specific techniques your patients can learn through psychotherapy tend to strengthen over time.
- We are covered through EAP providers, and services are covered by many insurers.
- Our clinicians accept direct payment from Criminal Injuries, Veterans Affairs Canada, and other insurers.
Physicians please feel free to refer your patients to us by faxing to our confidential fax at (844) 997-0721 or call at (613) 885-8356.